Author Posts

June 8, 2016 at 2:02 pm

Small Roses

“Roses Are Red” This is a line from a popular song in the same title, “Roses are Red”. This is popularized by Bobby Vinton. I love this kind of flower. I want to feature it here for it is one of the flowers my wife grew in her limited space garden at home.

I have realized that rose was discovered from a fossil dug up by the paleontologist. The finding was that it existed or lived for 35 million years. My wife’s roses are one of the 150 species that grown in the Northern Hemisphere, Alaska, Mexico or even in the northern Africa.

It was noted that it was the China which believed to have cultivated the roses some 5,000 years ago. Red roses are the common kind of roses we usually see around us. But in fact, there are so many of them. Do you know what type or kind of species these roses grown by my wife?

June 8, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Gardening is an absorbing hobby and your wife can surely vouch for that. My page shows your picture slightly elongated. Was it on purpose or is something wrong with my upload.

June 8, 2016 at 3:30 pm

@bestwriter, nope! My picture I have attached is actually elongated. That is how I take the picture of that roses. You’re absolutely right. I do admire my wife for her attitude of raising a small garden. She did really enjoy it. Every morning, especially early in the morning, she tenders it. She meticulously takes out worms from the leaves of her flower. And in the late after, she waters it. I do support her for such wonderful, yes “absorbing” gardening hobby of my wife. 🙂

June 8, 2016 at 7:59 pm

No idea about the rose origin or what type, but it is pure white or creamy white?

Looks pretty and your wife has the green thumb on flower gardening.

Did she bought the flower seeds or given by someone?

Did she plant on the ground itself or transfer from the flower pot?

I heard from my MIL that roses are difficult to grow.

Very fragile plant

June 9, 2016 at 3:34 am

@peachpurple  Roses indeed are difficult to grow but with some care one can be successful

June 9, 2016 at 9:54 am

@bestwriter/

yes I beleived so,

I remembered your post on flowers with my name; your name is GRACE right?

I saw your flowers, so beautiful!

Can roses be planted with the branch itself, without any roots?

I had tried bougainvilleas, that plant can grow on the branch itself.

June 12, 2016 at 2:00 pm

You know what, when I am seeing this kind of flower and roses to be exact, it means an answered prayer. Now I unaware that I click this post and what stays in front of me are beautiful flowers in the picture. It makes me happy. I wonder what prayer that has been answered.

Your wife has a green thumb, or is the green thumb applied even with flowers? I am just associating it since it is still planting anyway. I don’t have that kind of blessing that is why when I am learning someone has it, I am pretty amazed.

June 12, 2016 at 6:46 pm

A green thumb is an idiomatic expression which means the person having that kind of description could easily grow any plant under his care. I think my wife has that kind of special attribute. She has a lot of ornamental plants, shrubs, orchids, and those roses tendered to her small space garden within our residential house. In fact, last Saturday, she bought another species of a rose planted in a polybag or a black plastic bag that resemble like a pot.

I may agree with you that flowers may connote a blessing. Flower planted in a pot doesn’t grow by chance. It doesn’t go there alone. It is being taken care of. It is watered. It is cultivated and fertilized. And in the long run, it grows. It blooms. It bears flowers. The caretaker feels happy about it. The fruit of her effort, of her tender care for her plants and flowers, is realized. Eventually, she becomes happy and a blessing is appended to it.