Author Posts

December 2, 2016 at 2:15 am

download (5)

Dhirajlal Hirachand Ambani(Dhirubhai Ambani) was born on 28 December 1932, at Chorwad, Junagadh (now the state of Gujarat, India) to Hirachand Gordhanbhai Ambani and Jamnaben. His wife’s name is Kokilaben Ambani. Dhirajlal Hirachand Ambani was the  son of a school teacher in a remote village in rural Gujarat. He showed entrepreneurial skills from a young age onward. He started working as Petrol Pump Attendant has set-up World’s Biggest Oil Refinery. Acclaimed as the top businessman of the 20th century and lauded for his dynamic, pioneering and innovative genius he was an inspiring leader with sterling qualities. It was under his visionary leadership the Reliance Group emerged as the largest business   He was an Indian entrepreneur who founded Reliance Industries Limited and made it one the largest private sector companies in India. It was  Indian business to feature in the Forbes 500  list. The story of Reliance Industries (RIL) is almost folklore in India.  Few men in history have made as dramatic a contribution to their country’s economic fortunes as did the founder of Reliance.

He passed away on 06th July 2002 in Mumbai. After his death, the colossal corporate group was split into Reliance Industries, headed by Mukesh Ambani and Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG) He is survived by two sons and daughters. He has been conferred the Padma Vibhushan award posthumously for his contribution to trade and business. Many educational institutions, social work, aid, charity, giving a helping hand to the underpriveleged in  training and employment and educational scholarship programmes are being run by  different units of Reliance foundation groups.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by  Krishna Kumar.

December 2, 2016 at 5:48 am

He is really a sterling personality who showed to the people anything can be achieved by proper planning and hard work. He is the legendary Hero for India. He is the man who never took rest in his life. He continued the race without any exertion and was always tried to be a champion in any field that he had chosen. He was not for medals or awards. He wanted to be an exemplary Industrialist and worked hard. The rest of the things followed him automatically.

His untiring personality is a great lesson for all Indian Youth.

Late Sri Dhirajlal Ambani never wanted to be aloof in a corner even after 60 years of Age. His inspiring personality made many enthusiasts to start their own Industry and work hard . But, only a few could succeeded.

What we learn from his life story is that  a Champion is one who continues the race where everyone becomes tired and stops the race.

December 2, 2016 at 12:08 pm

It is a case study for any member of  the business organisation  or the students of the business. There are many books and other media content which have been published. Hope you enjoyed reading the article. Today I will be writing about some more topics. Looking forward to you readership and feed back. Best wishes and regards – Krishna Kumar.

March 30, 2017 at 6:11 pm

It is a great article about Dhirubhai Ambani. He is always a great inspiration for entrepreneurs around the world and it is pure hard work and dedication. Also, he was business-minded from the young age which helped him to achieve his goals in life. So many successful companies still blistering the name of the legend like him.

March 30, 2017 at 6:17 pm

I admire Dhirubhai and his perspective towards the business. His struggles and the efforts definitely helped many of us understand how hard it is to manage the business. And this also leads to the point where you can see that working on job is lot easier than building an empire. You’d find that personality such as him show us the strength it is required to be strong business person. And his way of doing things tell you how hard it is for making money. I wish to be like him someday.

March 30, 2017 at 10:56 pm

@haripriya

Thanks for appreciating the article. He is one the pioneers in the 20th century private sector of India. His company had to be built during tough economic times and it is not a easy task to achieve the name and fame he achieved. It would have been better if the business group would have been a single entity as the company would have more resources and the group would have grown bigger and bigger.

There are many other successful Indian businessmen who have made a mark in India and abroad in their respective businesses. But not many have been able to match what the Reliance Group could achieve. It is heartening that he is a role model for many youngsters who would also want to be like late  Dhirubhai through hard, dedication and application of ones business acumen.

March 30, 2017 at 11:08 pm

@mahesh

Good to know that you feel inspired by the personality of late Dhirubhai Ambani. I feel many of the Indians look up to him as a good role model. The key for that being he was successful in his business ventures after facing a lot of hurdles in life. That way many other also would have faced hurdles but the level of what he could achieve is quite astounding that too in difficult times as the economy was not opened up at that period of the time.

Globalization  and other concepts were yet to set into the Indian economy fully. He is a inspiration for many aspiring to do well in life in different spheres. There were others who were already well established in their businesses and they gave him a tough competition. But he knew the mantra of success and application of his business acumen which he exploited to the fullest potential. Best wishes on your planning to become like him.

March 31, 2017 at 4:40 pm

I think his skill of building one business after another. And making each one successful is something we all need to learn. It’s not easy to get one business model running that easily. I am impressed with his ability to do something in industry, he had no idea about. And the way he diversified. That is in itself makes you wonder how such personality can change things. Another personality that I find impressive is the leader from the future bazaar group. The way he struggled and developed the brand also makes you wonder about the business.

March 31, 2017 at 10:08 pm

@mahesh

Agree with you building one business after another and making it successful is not a easy task for any one. These great businessmen have the idea to quickly grasp the business with they get into and are able to go with the flow of the business.  All said and done these are not easy things unless one has business acumen. Only such people are able to achieve great things in business. I am not aware of the leader Future Bazar group. I have to check about him and write an article about him business style is interesting too. I have to check and read about him. Thanks for the information.

April 1, 2017 at 11:49 am

There are many such leaders. I think leader of future bazaar group who formed the big bazaar, pantaloons and few other brands makes him similar to ambani. Only difference is that he has yet to get into the multiple markets. So far he is into retail chains and E commerce. So that is why he’s not much popular. I had his book. I forgot his name though but you can google him. Lot of startup leaders who we can get inspiration from these days.

April 1, 2017 at 2:21 pm

@mahesh

Thanks for the feed back. I will try to check about some other personalities who in the Indian context have made the difficult or impossible seem possible due to their business acumen and tenacity. I will see the most interesting ones and try to write about these business people. Best wishes.

December 20, 2018 at 2:16 pm

@manoj

Good to see your reply and participation and welcome Knowledge is Power Use it Wisely. Would like to read your articles and have your participation in the group with your articles. With best wishes and regards.