Author Posts

September 17, 2016 at 5:45 pm

I took in a hybrid of a mini palm tree in a huge clay pot in my house. But its life didn’t last long. One year was its life sentence. It could have lived longer.

I knew that keeping the house plants healthy is to ensure it an environment of its tropical origin.

I did give the indoor plants their important nutrients needed for them to be healthy. I took out my indoor plants into the shade outdoors, to avoid direct sunlight. Fertilizing with seaweed extract did give the leaves luster and evergreen color.

At present, my indoor plants alive are a hybrid orchid, and succulents placed on my kitchen window ledge.

In the  new house we will be moving into, there’s a well-maintained ferns in the pergola area. I’ve always dreamed of a covered fern garden.

Garden Ideas

Indoor plants. Fern garden ideas for the pergola, overlooking the family room.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by  WHYZ'DAT?.

September 17, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Its always nice to wake up in the morning and holding a cup of coffee while roaming around your garden and appreciating the blooming of the flowers and the growing of the green leaves.

September 17, 2016 at 8:08 pm

It is, indeed, @superd  But the winter months faced rainy weeks and bitter cold days. So, our wood fire stove/heater was on demand indoors. Cuppa expresso coffee mornings were enjoyed in the dinning room overlooking the backyard. The weeds and tall grass evidenced an unworked gardens. But as Spring has come, blue jays and sparrows, and pardalotes are starting to appear. And we are working on our gardens, pulling weeds. It’s slowly going back to its neat look, almost.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by  WHYZ'DAT?.