Author Posts

August 23, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Almost everyone has a Facebook account these days, with more than 800 million users and valuation of $ 20 billion. It is currently the most widely used social network ever, simply unstoppable.

Mark is very shrewd businessman launching and initiating changes frequently to keep the interest of the users. The algorithm of the Facebook is changed frequently and the new features introduced in other social networks are introduced in no time on FB. This is what makes the site so very popular and engagement is high. The average time spent by the user has gone up from 10 minutes to over 40 minutes in some geographies, which is really astounding.

With such huge setup, valuation and user friendly features, do you think Facebook will ever fizzle out and will be taken over by someone ? Need your logical thoughts.

September 23, 2016 at 5:06 pm

For next 5-6 years, I believe facebook will maintain its dominance. Someone might close the gap, but experiments like Tsu will in all likelihood fail.

September 23, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Facebook has long term plans. With more then 1.6 billion users, its not going to give it easily to its competitors. I think pay sites wont reach that level as there is  lot of negativity associated with it, best eg was TSU.

So i guess your estimation of 5-6 years can be true. I feel not more than next 2 years.